Buyer Terms and Conditions
At Richard Seekins Art, we pride ourselves on delivering the highest standard of Artwork and the highest standard of professionalism, from the moment you choose your piece to the moment it arrives at your door. With this in mind, we advise you to read our terms and conditions as stated below before you place your order.
By using the website and placing an order, you (the Buyer) are in agreement with our terms and conditions and therefore have entered a legally binding agreement with us (Richard Seekins Art).
(1) “Richard Seekins Art Services” means the services we supply by providing the Website and facilitating orders.
(2) “Artwork” means the pieces of art which you agree to buy from the us using the Website, including Commissions, as described in the individual listing on the Website.
(3) “Buyer” means the person and/or organisation who uses the Website and may buy Artwork.
(4) “Commissions” is Artwork supplied according to your requirements, usually a painting from a photograph. However, the Buyer must bear in mind that Artwork is a personal choice and must be clear if you have any specific requirements. Unless otherwise agreed, commissions require a non-refundable 50% deposit to be paid in advance with the balance payable once you approve the artwork.
(5) “Intellectual Property Rights” means any patent, trademark, service mark, registered design, copyright, design right, any contact or database rights, know-how, confidential information or process, any application for any of the above and any other intellectual property rights recognised in any part of the world, whether or not presently existing or applied for, which are held by the owning party.
(6) “Mainland UK” includes many delivery addresses in England, Wales, N Ireland and mainland Scotland but does exclude some postcodes. Please contact us and confirm those excluded postcodes prior to ordering.
(7) “Order confirmation” means the email confirming your order and will confirm such details as what the Artist has agreed to supply, the price and expected delivery date.
(8) “Standard Delivery” means a method of delivery within Mainland UK, using a carrier approved by us, which is insured to at least to the value of the sale price for the Artwork being sent and for which the carrier obtains a signature upon delivery to show receipt.
(9) “Terms and Conditions” means these Terms and Conditions which also incorporate all policies and other Terms and Conditions displayed on our Website and will also include any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by us.
(10) “User” or “you” means anyone using and/or visiting the Website for any purpose.
(11) “We”, “Us”, means the organisation who supplies and owns this Website, Richard Seekins Art.
(12) “Website” means the website and all content at
(13) “Working Days” means any day Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, excluding all public and bank holidays in England and Wales.
(1) These Terms and Conditions apply the use of the Website and purchase of Artwork and prevail over any other agreement, documentation or communication whatsoever between us and can only be varied if agreed between us in writing. Any special conditions which apply will be set out in the Order Confirmation.
(2) Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to affect your statutory rights as a Consumer.
(3) From time to time we may change these Terms and Conditions and it is your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions which apply as at the time of your order. We also advise you print these terms as soon as you have placed your order.
3 THE ARTWORK
(1)(a) Details of the Artwork for sale are displayed on the Website. If you need any other information or you have any queries you can contact us directly using the “contact” form available on the Website or email us before placing your order.
(b) Any quotes will be valid for a period of 14 days. Any specification, descriptions or Artwork details in any format or any form of advertising material are shown by us to provide some indication of the Artwork and are not part of any agreement unless specifically stated within the Order Confirmation.
(2)(a)(i) You can place an order by following the Website guidance. We reserve the right not to accept orders for any reason. Once your order has been accepted you will be provided with an Order Confirmation email.
(3)(a) Commissions – we will agree a price for a commission, based on your requirements. 50% of the agreed price is payable once an order is placed by you.
(b) Made to Order – once Artwork has been completed then you will then be sent images for approval. Although by law you have no right to cancel these orders you are given a 14 days period in which to change your mind and return the Artwork, provided it is returned in its original condition and you return it ensuring that it fully insured until we take delivery.
(4) Except as expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions or those statutory warranties which apply to consumers, all warranties, whether express or implied, by operation of law or otherwise, are hereby excluded in relation to the Artwork.
4 PRICE AND PAYMENT
(1) The price of the Artwork is as displayed in GBP on the Website at the time of purchase. Please refer to clause 3(3) for Commissions and Made to Order. The price that you will pay will be confirmed in the Order Confirmation and we will supply you with your invoice. Additional Artwork or services will be subject to additional charges. Unless otherwise specified in writing, you must pay in advance before Artwork is despatched.
(2)(a) The Price includes standard delivery within Mainland UK. We will provide carrier details in your despatch email.
(b) An additional charge will be made for anything other than standard delivery and for International Deliveries (see clause 6 following), according to the address, size and weight of the Artwork. We will agree this with you when your order is placed or prior to placing an order if you wish to contact us via the contact form or by email.
(3) Payment is made to us in accordance with the order process on the Website which outlines the current methods of payment which the Website accepts. Use of any payment card or method means that you are confirming that all the information contained within the order is true and accurate and that you are authorised to use the payment method. Occasionally, users may be asked to provide additional information, such as clarification of personal details (for example your address), particularly to enable us to complete an order.
(4) For International sales see clause 6 following.
(1)(a)(i) Delivery is arranged by us to the address, as provided by you on the Order Confirmation.
(ii) Delivery times are estimates and not guaranteed. We cannot be held responsible for delays in delivery by the courier.
(b) Free UK shipping can be to an address in Mainland UK. Please contact us and confirm whether the address you wish to use for delivery qualifies for this before placing your order. There will be an extra charge for other delivery services, and delivery to any address outside Mainland UK.
(c) Multiple pieces of Artwork may be despatched individually.
(d) If you have any queries or particular shipping requirements please contact us directly using the contact form available on the Website.
(2)(a) Other than for Commissions or Made to Order Artwork, unless the applicable listing or Order Confirmation says otherwise, we aim to dispatch Artwork to you within 14 days of the date of accepting your order to comply with the law. If there is going to be a delay, we will let you know by email so you can cancel your order or choose another piece of Artwork.
(b) For Commissions or Made to Order Artwork
(i) we aims to provide you with estimated delivery dates within 7 days of the date of your order and aim to deliver within 30 days of the date of your order. This will depend on the complexity of your order.
(ii) if we are unable to deliver within 30 days of the date of your order then they will either
(i) provide you with a revised delivery date or
(ii) cancel your order and refund payment made by you.
(3) If for some reason we are unable to dispatch the exact Artwork you have ordered, then we will either refund the price paid for that item or will email you and offer you an alternative item.
(4)(a) You are responsible for ensuring delivery information is accurate and for making arrangements to take delivery of Artwork. Risk in Artwork passes to you upon delivery of the Artwork.
(b) Where you have not made any arrangements to take delivery and delivery has been attempted then you will be responsible for any additional delivery charges incurred.
(5) Delivery of Artwork will usually be by a service which requires a signature (this usually must be someone aged 18 or over), on receipt. Your signature, or that of someone on your behalf, confirms receipt of the Artwork but also the state of the package received – see (6) below.
(6) When you receive your order, it is your responsibility to carefully examine both the package (before it is opened) and the Artwork for any damage. If there is any damage whatsoever or if, for example, a package shows signs of damage before it is opened, we highly recommend that you sign for the parcel, 'Received Damaged'. In the subsequent event that the Artwork is found to be damaged, please email us.
6 INTERNATIONAL SALES
(1) The price is displayed in British pounds (GBP) and so you will be paying using GBP. Currency exchange rates and charges are your responsibility so you may wish to check this with your own payment provider before placing your order.
(2) Delivery of Artwork to an international address (one which is located outside of the United Kingdom) is at your own expense and risk and so we always advise that you check directly with customs officials in the country where any delivery address is located so that you understand what duties or other charges may be imposed if you ask goods to be delivered to that country.
(3)(a) You are solely responsible for complying with any import laws and requirements which apply to the country where the delivery address is located.
(b) In addition to the actual purchase price of the Artwork, you will be solely and fully responsibility for any and all tax/duty costs, fees, liabilities, handling charges, shipping costs, insurance which may arise or apply to your order and delivery.
(5) This means that we will not be responsible for any costs incurred as a result of any delivery of Artwork to you.
(6) With all international sales we also recommend that you
- check the unit of weights and measurements used (for example imperial inches or metric centimetres)
- remember to allow extra time for delivery of your Artwork
- if you have any queries about the Artwork or shipping and delivery please contact us directly using the details provided on the Website.
7 CONSUMER CANCELLATION RIGHTS
(1) This clause only applies to you if you are a Consumer and want to exercise your Consumer cancellation rights.
(2)(a)(i) Consumer rights legislation means that Consumers (individuals buying wholly or mainly outside their trade, business, craft or profession) who buy at a distance (such as via a Website) have the right to cancel some orders for purchase. If this applies, then you usually have 14 days from the date you receive your order to change your mind, cancel the order and, where applicable, return the items to us (see clause 7(3) and 7(4) following), to obtain a refund.
(ii) Please note that these cancellation rights do not apply to any Made to Order Artwork.
(b) If you are unsure as to whether you are purchasing as a Consumer please check this before placing your order. You can contact us directly using the contact form available on the Website or email us.
(3)(a) If you would like to return your order, please confirm this in writing by contacting us directly using the contact form available on the Website or emailing us within 14 days following the date you received your order (or from the date you received the last item which completed your order). We will then help you with information about the Returns Method, about how and when to return the item to us.
(b) However, once you have cancelled in writing, items can be returned to us (see clause 7(4) following).
(4) Unless it has been agreed otherwise (see clause 7(3) above)
(a) Artwork should be returned unused and in perfect condition with the original packaging, within 14 days of the date you advise us of your cancellation, at your expense to us using the postal address as provided. We always advise that you return Artwork using a service which provides you with proof of sending.
(b) Unless your item is faulty or we have agreed otherwise with you prior to you returning the Artwork, then you will be responsible for the costs in returning the item to us.
(5) We ask that you please repackage the Artwork in its original packaging securely, to guard against damages, and remove all old shipping labels.
(6) The law enables sellers (us) to deduct an amount from your refund if you have diminished the value of the Artwork by handling it beyond what is necessary to establish its nature, characteristics and function – i.e. “unreasonable use”.
(7) Unless you have lost the right to cancel, when you cancel an order for Artwork we will refund the amount you paid for the Artwork and the standard delivery costs (the cheapest option we provide). So, for example, if you have chosen any express or next day delivery options you will only be reimbursed the amount of our standard delivery costs.
(8)(a) Where you cancel an order for Artwork then we will refund you within 14 days of
- the date we receive the Artwork
- the date you supply us with evidence of having sent the Artwork back to us
whichever is sooner.
(b) Refunds are made using the same payment method that you used to pay us. Please bear in mind that some payment methods mean that a refund may take up to 7 days to reach your account.
8 FAULTS, PROBLEMS WITH YOUR ORDER AND RETURNS
(1)(a) Where there is a problem with your order, such as the wrong Artwork arrives or any Artwork is faulty or missing, then we ask that you contact us using the contact form available on the Website or email us within 14 days after the day you received the Artwork.
(b) Consumers may have a right to reject some faulty Artwork but this right is limited to 30 days from the date you purchased the Artwork.
(2) Depending on the problem with your order we will advise you whether
(a) You should send photos of the damage Artwork and packaging and retain the artwork as you are advised should we or the courier wish to inspect it and/or ask you to return the Artwork to us.
(b) You should retain the Artwork and all original packaging for 30 days so that it can be inspected
(3) When returning any Artwork we ask that you please repackage the goods securely, to guard against damages, and remove all old shipping labels.
(4) Within 14 days of receipt of the faulty Artwork we will either
(a) repair the Artwork OR
(b) provide a replacement OR
(c) provide a refund, to include any standard delivery charges you paid when you placed your order.
(4) Refunds are made with 14 days of the date the Artwork is received using the same payment method that you used to pay us. Please bear in mind that some payment methods mean that a refund may take up to 7 days to reach your account
9 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
(1) Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
(2) We will never be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage, including any economic loss or loss of profit or business whatsoever suffered by you or any third party howsoever caused, including as a result of any negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise.
(3) Other than those implied by law where a Buyer is dealing as a Consumer, in the event of our breaching any of these Terms and Conditions, your remedies are limited to damages which in no circumstance whatsoever will exceed the price of the Artwork.
(4) You will indemnify us against all claims, costs and expenses which we may incur and which arise, directly or indirectly, from your breach of any of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions.